Saturday, May 28, 2011

Followup to the Unfortunate Events

The mickeymouse motor mount. This thing lasted a week without any sign of failing.

When the motor mount failed, and I couldn't get the one at the junkyard, I decided to rig something together. In the above photo is 18gauge steel and fender washers at the mount bolt points.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events

No, it's not Lemony Snickett. It's ME!

I pulled out of my driveway this morning to take my son to school some 30-ish miles away. I had just adjusted my seat, so my "feel" of the clutch was off. I popped the clutch.

I heard a noise, and the car decided it wasn't gonna run anymore. I opened the hood and found the distributor cap loose, and the rotor in pieces:

Shattered distributor rotor.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dull Taillight Lenses

I've noticed that every older or "classic" car I've owned over the years has dull taillight lenses.